At Marine Park we believe that every day is valuable and every day is an opportunity to learn something new. This is why we place such importance on children attending well throughout the year.
Over recent years our attendance figures have steadily improved because our children love coming to school to take part in the engaging lessons and activities that take place every day.
We celebrate the success of our great attenders in a special termly assembly where parents are invited to see their children receive certificates, badges and prizes. It is always a fantastic morning!
Did you know?
- Low attendance means a lower chance of getting into further education and employment
- Good attendance means higher grades and better chances in life
- Missing the odd day can become a habit
- Every lesson in school matters and if you have time off you may find it difficult to catch up
- Absences for medical appointments should be requested as far in advance as possible and parents/carers should try to make routine appointments (for example dental check ups) during school holidays or after school hours
- School is a great place to have fun and make new friends and it can give you improved confidence
- There is a strong link between non-attendance and street crime and/or substance abuse
- Attending school improves your health! It encourages good social skills and the ability to create friendships and will also help you physically through regular exercise
- Lateness equals lost learning
- Five minutes every day adds up to over three days lost each year
These are used in a range of situations where unauthorised absence from school occurs.
The Penalty Notice requires the parent to pay a fixed penalty fine of £60 rising to £120 if not paid within 21 days.
Those who do not pay the full amount within 28 days are prosecuted in the Magistrates Court.